Have you been dreaming about Canada?
If so, you may want to get writing about it, because the three essays which
receive the highest ratings from our panel of judges will be awarded prizes:
-1st place will receive a 4-week English Program
-2nd place will receive a 3-week English Program
-3rd place will receive a 2-week English Program
Running from October 25, 2017 until March 5, 2018, the essay contest is open
to all students who want to broaden the cultural horizons, explore, and experience
Canadian culture, history, education, politics and geography.
Take part in the Essay Contest “Discover Canada”, expand your horizons—literally and figuratively—
practice different ways of learning English, discover Canada and come to Canada in 2018!
If you could tell someone about Canada, what is your story?
- Participants must be no younger than 14 and no older than 21 years old before March 5, 2018.
- Participants must write an essay on one of the three topics given above.
- Each participant may enter only one essay.
- Past winners are not eligible for this contest.
- Essay should be no less than 1000 words and no more than 1500. References are not included in the word count.
- All entries must be typed or computer-printed, double-spaced, in English.
- Essay must be solely the work of the entrant. Plagiarized essays will be disqualified.
- All entries will not be returned. Entrants agree that Contest Organizers have the right to publish, display, reproduce or otherwise use the Essay in whole or in part for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason.
- Contest begins on October 25, 2017 and ends on March 5, 2018.
- 3 winners and 3 runners-up will be selected from all eligible entries.
The winners will be announced on March 20, 2018.
Each Essay will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Development of an original, interesting topic that fits the theme
• Clarity of ideas and writing skills
• Use of factual information
To ensure the anonymity of our participants, the essay title page with all identifying information will not be sent to the Selection Committee.
Writers’ names are unknown until after essays have been ranked and the contest results finalized.
Submitting an Essay:
For each submission to be counted in the contest we require the following information:
- The essay title page with the following information:
• The essay topic;
• Name of the participant writing the essay and home mailing address, phone number and email address;
**note: please do not send in an essay with only an email address**; • School name and full mailing address;
• Name of the teacher or instructor who has supported the submission and the teacher’s contact information;
- The essay itself.
**note: the participant’s name, school, or city should not appear any where on the essay pages.**;
- All essays can be submitted to email@example.com at any time before the deadline of March 5, 2018;
- Do not put the essay itself into the body of the e-mail; it must be an attached file;
- Please copy the information from your title page into the e-mail message.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Contest Organizers when you successfully submit your Essay.
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation within a week.
E-mail Submission Example:
From: Name of sender
Subject line: The essay contest ”Discover Canada”
Attached: Your essay as a .doc or .pdf attachment only
Body of message: Copy and paste your title page information into the body of the e-mail.
Prizes for the contest are as follows:
- First-place winner will be granted a 4-week English Program in Canada
- Second - place winner will be granted a 3-week English Program in Canada
- Third- place winner will be granted a 2-week English Program in Canada
- Three runners-up will each receive an Apple iPad.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation. Certificate of Participation will be sent by email. Please provide us with an active email address.
- All participants will receive a free service from Contest Organizers (choosing the course and institution in Canada that matches your personal circumstances).
ПОБЕДИТЕЛИ КОНКУРСА ЭССЕ DISCOVER CANADA ПРОШЛЫХ ЛЕТ ИЗ РЕСПУБЛИКИ САХА (ЯКУТИЯ):
Настя Николаева, городская классическая гимназия, Якутск
Лиза Скрыбыкина, Якутск
Марк Гаврильев, ФТЛ, ЯКутск
Калисфена Тимофеева, ИЗФИР, Якутск
ЖИРКОВА АНЖЕЛА, БЕЛОГОРСКАЯ СОШ, АБЫЙСКИЙ УЛУС
ШЕСТАКОВА ЮЛИЯ, 35 СОШ, ЯКУТСК
СИДОРОВ АЛЬБЕРТ, СВФУ.